Monday, November 10, 2008

sometimes, when the mekong and tonle sap rivers hit their zenith, you really do feel like just driving off the road, across the verge, down the stinky stairs to the river and just all the way down to Vietnam... well I do anyways.,.. every year I feel like driving down the vast beautiful warm brown road to Vietnam.. especially when...


... yeah I really feel like going off the rails and down the Brown river Road...especially when I go past this space...behind me is the Cambodiana Hotel, and in front of me is a space where there really ought not to be a space. not if we love our buildings as we oughta, not if we value the collective sense of space and place we have among our older buildings. It went down almost overnight and the only thing which distinguishes it now is these vans for rent.. I will drag out the picture of the old building for you

and yep that is the kite mueum.. being covered in that building-making stuff which they peel plastic offa, rendeirng the original sort of wrapped.... in plastic.. something in that.

.. ooh a door.. a bit like finding a bottle titled Drink Me...
what oh what is thru the magic door?

...replete with graffiti...

oh jeez yes another space. It used to be the Bassac Theatre. Those sort of humpy bits used to be the oldest most gorgeous frangipani trees... I am so sad.. it just went so quickly.. Who got the trees and where did they go????? I dont know where I live anymore...

Oh yeah let's go for a drive...

No comments: